Introducing Sierra Community House
Four long-standing North Tahoe/Truckee service organizations — Family Resource Center of Truckee, North Tahoe Family Resource Center, Tahoe SAFE Alliance, and Project MANA — have united to form the Sierra Community House. With locations in Kings Beach, Incline Village, and Truckee, we offer a range of services that help individuals and families in the North Tahoe/Truckee communities thrive. Download the Consolidation Impact Report here.
We connect and empower our community through family strengthening, crisis intervention, hunger relief, and legal services.
Coronavirus/COVID-19 and Our Services:
To align with current public health recommendations as well as emerging responses in our field, Sierra Community House services will be available through phone and electronic communication.
In an emergency please call 9-1-1. For help please call our 24-hour Community Helpline at 800-736-1060.
For Hunger Relief information, click here.
General Inquiries – please leave a message:
Kings Beach: 530-546-0952
Provides hunger relief services through weekly food distributions and other community food programs
Serves victims of domestic/intimate partner violence, sexual assault, and child abuse
FAMILY SUPPORT &
Connects families, individuals, and community members with the help they need
MEDIATION & LEGAL ASSISTANCE
Offers consultations and assistance for those navigating legal issues
All of our upcoming classes and events are being offered electronically or postponed to a later date. Contact us for information.
Weekly Food Distribution
Sierra Community House Food Distribution Update for May 18 – 29, 2020:
- We are following direction from public health officials to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
- Delivery staff and volunteers are following best practices and wearing masks and gloves. They and the community members we serve are being asked to follow social distancing and NOT interact.
- For the week of May 18-22, we are delivering to Truckee communities.
- For the week of May 25-29, we are delivering to the North Lake Tahoe region including Incline Village, Kings Beach, Tahoe Vista, Carnelian Bay, Tahoe City and West Shore.
- To sign-up or cancel delivery, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call our message line at 775-545-4083; PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE IF YOU CALL! You only need to sign-up once. Please provide full name, address with city, phone number, and number of people in the household.
Future changes will be updated every Friday for the upcoming week on the Sierra Community House Web Site: www.sierracommunityhouse.org, on our Facebook page, and available through our 24-Hour Community Helpline (800) 736-1060.
To contact Hunger Relief operations please call 775-545-4083 or send an email to email@example.com
The below distribution schedule is temporarily suspended. Please defer the above weekly food distribution update.
Mondays – Tahoe City
Fairway Community Center
330 Fairway Drive
3:00 – 3:30pm
Tuesdays – Truckee
Truckee Donner Senior Apts
10040 Estates Dr – Outside
3:30 – 4:00pm
Wednesdays – Kings Beach
265 Bear Street
3:00 – 3:30pm
Thursdays – Incline Village
St. Patrick’s Episcopal Church
341 Village Boulevard
3:00 – 3:30pm
Help us build a stronger community by supporting our services in the following ways: