Sierra Community House by the numbers
Following are the number of individuals and families who have been supported by our services since the start of COVID-19 (mid-March 2020).
Who We Are
Four long-standing North Tahoe/Truckee service organizations — Family Resource Center of Truckee, North Tahoe Family Resource Center, Tahoe SAFE Alliance, and Project MANA — have united to form the Sierra Community House. With locations in Kings Beach, Incline Village, and Truckee, we offer a range of services that help individuals and families in the North Tahoe/Truckee communities thrive. Download the Consolidation Impact Report
We connect and empower our community through family strengthening, crisis intervention, hunger relief, and legal services.
Coronavirus/COVID-19 and Our Programs:
To align with current public health recommendations as well as emerging responses in our field, Sierra Community House services are being offered in-person and through electronic communications. If you are need of services please call our main line at 530-546-0952.
In an emergency please call 9-1-1. For immediate assistance, please call our Community Helpline at 800-736-1060.
General Inquiries – please call our main line at 530-546-0952.
Most of our classes are being offered virtually until a later date.
Weekly Food Distributions
Sierra Community House Food Distributions:
- Drive-Through Food Distribution takes place every Tuesday from 4:00 – 5:00 pm at our Truckee Warehouse- 12116 Chandelle Way Unit 2D.
- Walk-Up Food distribution takes place every Wednesday from 3:00 – 4:30 pm at our Kings Beach Office – 265 Bear St, Kings Beach.
- Drive-Through Food Distribution takes place every Thursday from 2:30 – 3:30 pm at St. Patrick’s Episcopal Church – 341 Village Blvd., Incline Village.
- We will be following CDC, Placer County, Nevada County, and Washoe County COVID-19 public health and safety recommendations.
- All are welcome, services are free, and no proof of income, ID, or other documents are required to receive services.
- If you need an alternative way to access food assistance, please call 775-545-4083 or email [email protected].