All services are free and available in English and Spanish. No proof of identity or income is required.
We have a paper shortage and asking our community to donate clean, gently used recycled paper bags! Drop off collection bin locations at :
Truckee House: 11695 Donner Pass Rd (next to KidZone)
Kings Beach House: 265 Bear Street
St. Patrick’s Church in Incline Village: 341 Village Blvd.
Cornerstone Community Church in Incline Village: 300 Country Club Drive
Weekly Food Distribution
Sierra Community House Phase 3 Food Distribution:
- We have adopted Drive Through food distribution to ensure the continued safety and health of staff, volunteers and community members.
- Food Distribution will take place every Thursday from 2:30-3:30 pm at The Village Church – 736 McCourry Blvd., Incline Village, NV. Please enter via Highway 431.
- Starting Tuesday, September 15th we are a launching a Truckee site from 4-5:00 pm at Sierra College- 11001 College Trail, Truckee, CA.
- Community Members are asked to remain in their vehicles. We will place a bag of nutritious, perishable and non-perishable food in your trunk.
- Community Members may pickup for one another with a written note.
- We will be following CDC and Washoe County COVID-19 safety recommendations.
- To pre-register, leave a message with your name and phone number and we will call you within 3 days to complete registration. Call 775-545-4083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also register on-site!
Donate your clean, gently used recycled paper bags. Click here for more information!
The below distribution schedule is temporarily suspended. Please defer the above food distribution update.
Mondays – Tahoe City
Fairway Community Center
330 Fairway Drive
3:00 – 3:30pm
Tuesdays – Truckee
Truckee Donner Senior Apts
10040 Estates Dr – Outside
3:30 – 4:00pm
Wednesdays – Kings Beach
265 Bear Street
3:00 – 3:30pm
Thursdays – Incline Village
St. Patrick’s Episcopal Church
341 Village Boulevard
3:00 – 3:30pm
For more information on these programs,
please contact the Director of Hunger Relief at (775) 545-4083
or email us at email@example.com
Emergency & Cooking Compromised Food Box
A limited number of boxes of non-perishables are available at our office locations and Weekly Food Distribution sites (listed above). Additionally, Emergency Food Bags, and Cooking Compromised Food Bags are available at the following locations:
Nevada County Social Services
10075 Levon Ave, Truckee, CA 96161
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Placer County Health and Human Services
5225 North Lake Blvd, Carnelian Bay, CA
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday – 8:00 am – 11:00 am
Monday – Friday – 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Other Hunger Relief Services
FACE (Food & Companionship Exchange)
FACE is our home food delivery program for individuals who cannot make it to our weekly food distributions due to mental or physical limitations.
Let’s Talk Turkey
Each year, Sierra Community House (formerly Project MANA) helps hundreds of local families have a happy, healthy Thanksgiving through the Let’s Talk Turkey Food Distribution.
CalFresh Application Assistance
CalFresh (formerly known as Food Stamps) can help families and individuals put healthy and nutritious food on the table. CalFresh is a federal supplemental nutrition program for low-income families and individuals that meet certain income guidelines. If you think you might qualify, Sierra Community House can help you fill out your application and send in the necessary paperwork.
Sierra Community House’s Hunger Relief Program depends heavily on the support of the local community. Please know, however, that 60% of all food donations come in during the holiday season/year-end. The increased amount of food donations create logistical challenges to our capacity. Please be patient with us as we process your interest in donating food.
In order to work together more effectively to serve our community, please consider creative options during food drive season.
Virtual Food Drives
Virtual Food Drives are ideal. The food banks have incredible buying power and may be able to do substantially more with your dollar than you. Sierra Community House can provide an entire meal for $2.08! That is substantially less than the cost of purchasing a single item at the grocery store! Complete an application for a Virtual Food Drive.
Traditional Food Drive
If a Traditional Food Drive is your only option, complete that application (below), make arrangements to pick up your barrel and discuss options for returning the food to our warehouse.
- If you are committed to a Traditional Food Drive, consider a targeted drive. Ask us what we need and consider encouraging your donors to contribute a specific type of item or items.
- Prior to completing the application for a Traditional Food Drive, please click here and carefully read our Food Donation Guidelines
Coronavirus/COVID-19 and Our Services:
To align with current public health recommendations as well as emerging responses in our field, Sierra Community House services will be available through phone and electronic communication.
In an emergency please call 9-1-1. For help call 800-736-1060.
For Hunger Relief information, click here.
For Housing information, click here.
General Inquiries – please call our main line at 530-546-0952.
Provides hunger relief services through weekly food distributions and other community food programs
Serves victims of domestic/intimate partner violence, sexual assault, and child abuse
FAMILY SUPPORT &
Connects families, individuals, and community members with the help they need
MEDIATION & LEGAL ASSISTANCE
Offers consultations and assistance for those navigating legal issues